Transport Choices around Dublin
Given Waterloo House’s central location, all forms of public and private transport are within close proximity. Our Dublin City guesthouse is also ideally located between Dublin’s two rail systems- the LUAS and DART, detailed below.
A taxi to Dublin City Centre is a 5 minute journey and costs approximately €7. Taxis throughout the city run a 24 hour service.
There are a number of bus stops on Waterloo Road served by bus numbers 37, 38, 38a, 39 and 39a to the City Centre, O’ Connell Street or the Temple Bar Area. These 5 minute journeys cost €1.65 each way and the 39a will take you to U.C.D.
2 minutes from Waterloo House is Baggot Street and here the number and frequency of buses increases.
N.B. Dublin Bus take coins only
For more information visit www.dublinbus.ie or www.dublinbuslive.com via smartphome/tablet.
The Aircoach from Dublin Airport is our recommended method of transfer by bus;
- Fast transfer to/from Dublin Airport to Waterloo House – 30 minutes approximately
- Service operates 24 hours a day with limited service between 12am and 5am
- Fare price: Adult €8 single/€14 return. Children aged 5 – 12 €1.50 single
- For further information, routes and timetables visit www.aircoach.ie
Take the Aircoach from Dublin Airport and take the Leopardstown Route to the Burlington Hotel
- Get off the bus at Burlington Hotel which is a 7 minute walk to Waterloo House
- Walk to Waterloo Road and take a left, walk down till you get to No. 8-10 Waterloo Road, we are 2 purple doors on the right hand side.
Waterloo House is ideally located between Dublin’s two rail systems:
1. Luas- (Light railway with 2 lines, Green & Red)
- Charlemont Stop (Green Line) is within 500m – 3 minutes to Stephen’s Green
For information on route maps and stops visit www.luas.ie or Freephone Luas Customer Care 1800 300 604.
2.Dart (Metro) (Dublin Area Rapid Transport)
- Landsdowne Road Stop is within a 5 minute walk. The DART is the suburban rail network in Dublin line running along the coast of Dublin, from Howth on the North of Dublin Bay to Bray in the South.www.dublin.ie
The DART connects to Dublin’s two main railway stations; Dublin Connolly and Dublin Heuston and links into Ireland’snational rail system operated by Irish Rail www.irishrail.ie
|Dublin by bike
- Dublinbikes is a self-service bike rental system open to everyone from 14 years of age. .
- A 3 Day Ticket is your best choice for just €2 (the first half-hour of use is free; after that a service charge applies)
- Waterloo House’s closest Dublinbike stations-
– Baggot Street Bridge, a 2-minute walk for the hotel.
– Leeson Street Bridge, a 5-minute walk from the hotel- closest station that is credit card enabled
- For more information, visit www.dublinbikes.ie
The nearest car hire location is a 2 minute drive from Waterloo House:
-Thrifty Car Hire on 26 Lombard St. Dublin 2 @ www.thrifty.ie
-Hertz 151 South Circular, Dublin 8 @ www.hertz.ie